When did you cut your daughter's hair?

My dd will be three in April and I have never cut her hair! It is so silky and smooth I'm afraid it will change when I cut it. It goes more than half-way down her back and is about 2 inches above her waist band. The ends don't look split, and that's the "sign" I've been looking for!

MommaNoonoo

Asked by MommaNoonoo at 3:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is 13 months and i just "cut" her hair for the first time the other day. it was in hereyes and i had to do something bc shed cry she could see. i cut maybe half an inch off but prolly not even that. my husband thinks i shouldnt have but hes not home with her all day. normally its in a pny or somethign but at night or after a bath its down bc i dont want a pony in while she sleeps ( she still eats everything and idont want her to pull it out, which she does and eat it ) i think it is a matter of prefrence, cut it if you want to!
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• We cut dd's hair when she wouldn't quit pulling on it. She managed to get a few fist fulls of hair without hurting herself. So we shaved it down to almost nothing. Her hair has grown back now, and she no longer pulls her hair out. (That was at about age one.)

As for your dd, I wouldn't cut it if you don't want to. If you can take care of it, let her have those beautiful locks of hair. More power to you and her. I had a friend in high school who didn't get her first hair cut until she was 16. It was down to her knees.

My sister takes her two girls in for hair cuts. I think they have just recently started that (in the last year or so). They are three.

So you see, it really is up to you and your dd.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My daughter is a little over 2yrs old. It took forever for her hair to grow. Now it's getting long and it's in her eyes all the time....everyone wants me to cut it (i never have) but I don't want to. I want her bangs to grow out...her hair is blonde and beautiful. I dont want to cut it!
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2010