is this the start of labor?

From the middle of my back down to the top of my butt is killing me. I'm having contractions for the past 2 hrs I think they hurt they haven't gone away I'm 35 weeks pregnant no matter what I do they are still there I per like every 5 mins my water hasn't broke and I don't think I'm dilated I haven't been checked for that yet. Some one help please . This was last night. from about 8pm till about 3am. then it stopped today i just have some mild pressure down there. but no contractions or anything. would this be the start of labor for me. im 35 weeks and 3 days pregnant.

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Could be the onset of labor- probably not though. Drink a bunch of water and go into the hospital. Also, try not to keep count of contractions so early in your preg (ha ha... 35 weeks isn't early- but you should still have about a month to go). With my first I was feeling contractions every 5-10 minutes for hours. I didn't get any sleep for a few days. I ended up having my son at 39 weeks... Go in to the dr. and put your mind at ease. Good Luck!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 4:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• it does sound like it could be the beginnings of labor. or it could go on and off like this for the next month.

if it were me i would go ahead and call my midwife because 35 weeks IS early. maybe babies are born healthy at 35 weeks, but many more have breathing problems and spend days or more in the NICU.
    Anonymous

• i meant "many babies are born healthy" (not maybe)
    Anonymous

• For the last four weeks of my pregnancy I had that exact same pain. EVERYNIGHT! I would be in tears and so uncomfortable...It always happened at the exact same time too. 2am-4am...

If you are concerned tho you should check with your midwife or dr.
    Anonymous