How do I get free or almost free books?

AnnGodette

Asked by AnnGodette at 4:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Shopping

• second hand stores.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 4:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• How about a Library card? And Libraries do have book sales all the time--they sell them for about a dollar.OR less if they are paperback books.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Libraries give free books that are discarded. Another way to get cheap books is buying from Amazon.com. They have new and used books listed. I bought a used book from them. I had a great price and wonderful service. The condition of the book was perfect. At book sales in the library, you can get a hardcover book for $1, and a paperback for 50 cents.
    AnnGodette

Answer by AnnGodette at 4:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Check them out of the library

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• In our town they have a used bookstore - they give you so much credit for each book you bring to them and then you can use that credit to buy new books. I've bought some books for as little as $1, which is good since I read a lot!

Answer by missanc at 4:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• www.swaptree.com - you only have to pay for the shipping which is usually about $2-3
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2010

• Put an ad on your local craigslist board in the wanted section. If you were near me I have a whole bunch of books I need to pass on.
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 8:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2010