My Best Friend and I have different opinions about being bisexual and gay. "She says that if one is bisexual then one is gay". " I say if one is bisexual then they cannot be gay." Can someone please clear this up for me please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I think the person gets to identify themself.

At different times in their life they may identify differently. I have only been in relationships with men but have not had sex with a man in years and am not sexually attracted to men. I am more attracted to women but have never had any kind of physical relationship with a woman. Since I am not sexually active and have not been so for an extended period by choice I consider myself asexual.

Sexuality can be defined by attraction, current relationship(s), or any and all relationships you have ever had.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• well i sorta agree with both.. lol honestly if you like a female and a male u are bisexual is the term. but what she is prob saying if you would have sex and are attracted to a female you are also GAY. lol in terms of liking both Sexes you are considered bisexual but liking a female on female is GAY. get it?
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 4:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• There is no blanket rule but if you were to ask a lesbian or gay they would tell you that being bi-sexual is not being gay, at least the ones i know say that lol, they also tell me that when they meet bisexuals they are willing to befriend them but wont consider a relationship with them because they could possibly go the other way.

I personally believe sexuality is what you define yourself as, no one can tell you who or what you are and you shouldnt have to fit certain guidelines to fit into one category or the other.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• bi is to both sexes and gay is to the same sex. Gays only go with the same sex, bisexuals are attracted to either sex.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 4:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• well i think that if u are bi u are gay cause i do have sex with the opposite sex, but my friend considers herself a proud lesbian bt she has a BOYFRIEND right now, but she loved girls more than boys....i think bi means u dont prefer one more than the other, you like then just the same. i have come extremely close to intercourse with a chick on more than one occasion but i am 100% hetero...im just a lil naughty lol!
    Anonymous

• Bi is prolly a name some homephobe made up so he wouldn't be called a gay.
    Anonymous

• Definitions of bisexual on the Web:

sexually attracted to both sexes

Definitions of homosexual on the Web:

someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex
    sexually attracted to members of your own sex

Gay is mostly slang.
    Anonymous

• Bi is prolly a name some homephobe made up so he wouldn't be called a gay.... homosexual.

Happy little camper now?

Anonymous