Do you love Jesus's sacrifice enough to put it in your mouth and suck on it?

The oriental trading company does! And they think you do too... infact they sell several types of candy cross suckers, my favorite being the swirly tye-dyed ones! Yumm..

Do you think Jesus would approve? What do you personally feel about these sort of items? DOes anyone else think it's a little... awkward?

ethans_momma06

Asked by ethans_momma06 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have wondered this as well. I see all kinds of bumper stickers and shirts and stuff with religious sayings/symbols and it does strike me as odd. Maybe it is because in our church, we kiss the icon of Christ when we enter. We were always taught that Christ, his image and other symbols are sacred and should be treated with honor. To me, a tacky or even threatening bumper sticker using a religious symbol does not seem like honor.

justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 4:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Everyone is out there to make a buck, in this case, I don't think it will be a hit.

Answer by older at 4:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I am confused by the outrage on the wording... it says his sacrifice- it does not say would you suck on Jesus. The cross is a symbol of Jesus' sacrifice.
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 4:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• You know, I had never giving it any thought at all, until someone in one of my groups mentioned how inappropriate she thought it was. I think it's kinda funny myself, but it shows how far companies like that think some people will go to have everything in their lives christianity-oriented, without the makers or many, many of the customers actually thinking about the intended use of some of these products. But I suppose between the people who "blow job" their suckers and where it comes out eventually after you are done with it, I see lots of reasons why some christians would have a big issue with this sort of thing.

I got a new Oriental the other day. I'll have to see if it has the tie-dye ones. :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Oh and for the record, I do not think you are sinning if you buy or like these types of items. I just think they are odd.
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 4:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• blasphemy--and those that participate are horrible and uncivilized
    Anonymous

• Wow... the wording is a bit weird. Uh, but anyway... I don't like candy that isn't chocolate, so it's not for me. But I don't think it's really a bad thing. Everyone's out there to make money nowadays.

Anonymous

• Isn't it making a mockery of Jesus and all that he stood for?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• KAtt, had I found the item tactful, I would have worded it more tactfully. However, you would be doing with this sucker exactly what I worded in my title. You would literally be sucking on the symbol used to represent Jesus's death and sacrifice.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I think its just as bad as the God hates Fags signs people wave around.
    Anonymous