Neighbors!

We have the house where everyone plays. Money is tight right now, so I limited everyone to one snack a day at our house. We can have 6 kids at a time over here for HOURS! My one neighbor said I was being petty and asked if she should not feed my son when he goes to her house. I tried to explain my side. Just today another neighbor boy came over with a bag of snacks. That tells me my neighbor is gossiping about me to the others. How should I handle this? I thought I had it resolved!

justmyopinion

Asked by justmyopinion at 4:40 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I had better not find our my kids are going to someone elses house and asking for anything!
    lifelovinmom

Answer by lifelovinmom at 6:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Why not get together with the other moms and pool the snacks.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• One snack is perfectly generous...wth is wrong w/. your neighbors!
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure why you're feeding snacks to the neighbor kids at all.They should be going to their own homes for that.I find it rude to be over so long.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Since you said that money is tight right now , let ur kids learn to stay by themselves a bit so that you can serve ur face,that way it will stop people from getting to know what is happening in your house.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 5:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• ^^^ anyone have any idea what any of that means?
    Anonymous

• Why can't the mothers in the neighbor hood work out some type of schedule? This will allow the kids to play at a different house each day of the week. Example Monday is you, Tuesday is Ms Joe Blow, etc. That way the burden isn't always yours to feed the neighborhood kids everyday. Everyone in the neighborhood can share the responsibility.

Oh, and it's a snack not feeding the kids. So one snack a day is more than ample.

Anonymous

• Thanks for your insight ladies. I am not worried about the time spent here although I do admit I get antsy when my kids spend too much time at someone elses house- I feel like they are there too long and its a problem for the Mom.
    We are not broke, broke- but so many kids and they are bigger now (10 and 15) and can eat A LOT of food so it does become an issue. Thankfully its just during the winter on weekends, all other times my kids are too busy with sports to have people over!
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 5:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2010