does anybody feel like jus because your a single mom your child is missing out??

apr993

Asked by apr993 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Of course, the child is missing out on lots of things! How could it be any other way?
    Anonymous

• the point in my life when i was a single mom i certainly did not feel that way. if anything i felt the opposite, my baby was not subjected to being around someone who didnt really want to be there. she will never have to know the pain of wanting her daddy to come pick her up and being stood up bc he was and still is irresponsible. so no im glad he wasnt there. and she was loved more than anything by the fam that she has. and then i got married to someone else and now she has that father figure that is strong and will always be there for her!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Yes U r right, but a step father may not be like a child's biological father, in this case it's not your fault and you have to live with it, but u have to learn to love and cherish your child in order to feel the gap of the daddy.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 5:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I feel my son is missing out on having more siblings and that's about it... he has a lot of male role models in his life so he's not missing out on having that in his life.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I do believe a child misses out not having a Mother and a Father. I explained to my son though that a step parent is someone who steps in when a biological parent either by choice or not can not be there. Children do benefit from both a Mother and a Father being in the household. A Mother normally shows the compassionate side of relationships and a Father is normally the strength. Its not always the case but if your fortunate to be in a healthy relationship it helps to raise a well rounded adult

CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 5:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I used to but now that my kids are grown I see I gave them the things that were important. I taught them independence, values, respect for themselves and others, self confidence and to have a positive attitude so they can try anything they want to try. I'm ok with what they received.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• my son is missing out on having a father, and grandparents, and sibs, aunts and uncles (there is no contact with his dad or dads fam), plus missing out on things i could afford if it were 2 incomes splitting the rent ect, and i am missing out on my sainity because i have no one to give me a break
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Your child whether with or with out both parents only misses out if you allow it. Do your best, make them happy, give them stability and they will be great
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I think it really depends on the situation. If it's because the father is a piss poor father, then no. But if the father loves the child, the parents just can't work, then yeah. Even with visitation, the household is still just a single parent house. I'm not a single mom, but my husband is deployed. So in a way, I am currently. Not to the same extend, mind you. I don't have to work to support us. And my kids are missing out. Especially with help with homework. (I'm just not good with science experiments). But it's not a bad thing to be a single mom. And sometimes it is a better situation, all around.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• When I was a single mom...no because I knew I could give my child more by myself that what me and the father could give together.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2010