best and worst cars....I need opinions

So my pos car died yesterday, and I am hoping to buy a used car and spend around $10k. I may not be able to pull it off (single mom and broke), but for the moment to save my sanity I am being hopeful. I need opinions on best and worst cars so I know what to and not to look at.
Thanks!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• best car would be a honda they dont loose value... worst car a saturn good luck....i would get a honda civic or accord something to that sort...
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Do NOT buy a Buick Rendezvous. You may find them on sale for less than that, and they are a good sized smaller SUV, but DO not be suckered into buying one. Mine has only 50,000 miles on it, and has already had to have a transmission flush, then the transmission replaced, rack and pinion replaced, air conditioner compressor replaced, it's been in the shop at least 3x a year since we had it if not more. If we had not bought the extended warranty, we would have already been out over $4000 in repairs just in the last 6 months or so. I loved my Saturn though when I had it. The best car we ever had was a Nissan Maxima though.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I have a neon, its a nice little car. Gets pretty good gas milage and still big enough that you dont feel cramped. Mine has just over 100,000 miles on it and havent had to fix anything major yet.
    Allie_kat1

Answer by Allie_kat1 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Well I love Kia, you can get them cheap and with an awesome warrenty!! You would be able to get a newer one for a decent price. I have owned kia's for 10 yrs and have NEVER had one problem. Right now I have a Sedona, eventually I'll trade it in for their new SUV with 3 rows!!
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 6:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I have a Dodge Magnum SE (V6), and I love it but I had a lot of problems out of it when I first got it. I don't think they are made any more because of all the problems. So don't go there! LOL! A lot of people say hybrids are the way to go, but I disagree unless you have the money to replace those expensive parts if they go bad. They also cost more up front, even though you save gas later on. My sister had one, and when it broke down, it BROKE DOWN! The cost to repair it was ridiculous. I'd go to lots of places and test drive everything to make sure you get what you want. Pick out two or three features that you MUST have- whatever is important to you- and turn down anything that doesn't have them. Example: at least 25 MPG, 4 NEW tires, 4 doors. Good luck!
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I absolutely loved my Hyundai and now my Kia Sadona!

I hate to say it since I'm in the US, but your best prices will be on the imports!
    Anonymous

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• my parents had a neon, they hit a deer while driving it and would you believe they didn't get injuried and the car was repairable. Dad didn't want to deal with getting it repaired so they got a Honda CVR, they have had it for years and drive cross country about 4 times a year
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• DON'T look at Neons, Focus's, foreign cars are the way to go...Honda's, Subaru's, Hyundai's. Brand new Hyundia Accent's are around 12k and they are super cute.
    sarabur420

Answer by sarabur420 at 3:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2010

• i have a 1999 honda civic ex... it has over 250,000 miles on it. i bought it wrecked at 40,000 miles, fixed it and have driven it since. i have replaced the clutch once, the front tires once, and the brake pads twice... since 2002. i get great gas mileage, supposedly 22 city/ 29 highway but i get more like 30/35... might be because of the manual shift. im in the market for a bigger vehicle now with my 2 kids, hubby and all their crap but i will miss my honda. i changed the oil every 4000 miles and once a year got it changed at a mechanic so they can go over the rest of the car, but minimal problems even though i put alot of mileage on it. a few of my friends drive hondas as well and theyve had no real issues with them either. my mom has a mercury sable and its a total lemon, even though she bought it brand new. dh has a dodge truck, no issues there either. good luck on your search!
    RyansMommie07

Answer by RyansMommie07 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2010