Sex offender in the neighborhood.

I just found out my neighbors husband is on the sex offender list. My kids are old enough that I explained why they can not go over there and also told them this is not the type of thing they need to spread all over the school. The neighbor wants to know why my kids have not been over. Should I be honest?
Truthfully, I am afraid of what I may say, I think its terrible she is still with him when he is a convicted CHILD sex offender.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I'd tell her you were on the watchdog website and it raised red flags and leave it at that. Why let someone question you and the safety of your chitlins?
    vikings_beauty

Answer by vikings_beauty at 6:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• BTW- he was caught luring an under aged girl on the internet. I have boys so I don't think they are in danger, but I just don't want them hanging out over there with that type of person. I am still on the fence on if their boy can come to my house. My gut says sever all ties, there are too many red flags.
    Anonymous

• I wonder if she asked you straight out because she already knows why. People know when they're on the sex offenders list.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• If I were you I would be leary even with boys. Sometimes ppl don't care if they're boys or girls.
    lifelovinmom

Answer by lifelovinmom at 5:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i owuld let the other kid come over, but i owuld not let my kids go over there
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2010