Hi ladies, Im hosting a baby shower with approx. 30 people attending any good ideas/recipes to serve for luncheon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Bruschetta with Tomato Basil is really easy and super delicious! Buy the bruschetta, slice it, rub olive oil onto each slice with a basting brush, sprinkle on some Parmesan, and bake for about 15 min. or until crispy. Chop 3 tomatoes and 1/2 of a red onion. Toss that together with a few sprinkles of Balsamic viniagrette, a couple Tbsp. dried basil, fresh ground sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Refrigerate the tomato-basil mixture for at least 30 minutes. Top the bruschetta with tomato basil and serve. :-) Best of luck!
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'm sure you're probably doing buffet. So, I like the idea of several different pasta dishes. A large plain salad with the topping/fixings on the side and they can make it to their liking.

Anonymous

• do you want a meal/ buffet or finger foods? At my baby shower we had different salads; potato,broccoli, a couple different pasta salads and a meat & cheese platter with rolls to make mini sandwiches. My aunt made frozen meatballs in a crockpot with some Sweet Baby Rays on it ( they were really good!) Have fun and good luck
    Lilliana8809

Answer by Lilliana8809 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It's a little bit of work, but the "must have" dish at all showers on one side of my family is stuffed mushroom caps. There are tons of recipes out there, and I don't have the exact one my aunt uses but I know the filling is mainly breadcrumbs and cheese. If you want something easier, a huge bowl of tuna salad, another of egg salad, and a third of chicken salad with a tray of cocktail rye bread so they can mix and match whichever they prefer.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Chicken salad on croissants, pasta salad, fruit salad and dessert (cake, jellos, brownies, etc). Super simple and yummy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Ham ball and crackers. oh and for the guest JellO shooters! always a hit!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'd have a fruit platter and a veg platter with dip, some pumpkin bread or if it's really cold outside how about a crockpot of chili or soup?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2010