How How How can I potty train my 3 yearold?

I have tried everything I can think of and am at the end of my rope. It's hard not to get frustrated..

Sophias_mom07

Asked by Sophias_mom07 at 6:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have 3 children. I used pull-ups with them and I took them to the bathroom several times a day. U might try offering treats. Sometimes for some reason or another they're affraid to use the potty.
    Anonymous

• I'm going through it with my 3 year old son too!! We let him pick out different character underwear and we try praising him and rewarding him when he goes potty like a bigboy,but he still just won't go all the time,only when its his idea. The biggest thing that gets me is that he'll go in the potty at preschool-he wont wear underwear to school he always wants a pullup,but I send underwear in his backpack and he'll put them right on for his teacher and go potty! Everybody keeps telling me boys are always harder to break and alot of them are 4 or older before theyre all the way trained...lets hope not lol
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/52352 . Join this group...it's a 3 day potty training support group. My LO ( 2 1/2 yr old learned 3 days b4 thanksgiving and she's been great ever since. The hardest thing for u when starting is getting rid of pullups but that's exactly what they want u to do . Must wear underwear even at night/bedtime/naps ... NO diapers , no drinking a bottle /sippy b4 your LO goes to sleep or an hour or so b4 going to bed. there is more to it than I can explain now ( after 1 am ) . check out that group. I swear it works ! Take care and good luck.
    Rent or borrow from the library too..Potty time with elmo.
    Lizard1970

Answer by Lizard1970 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i dont have boys but i saw this toddler urinal that seems pretty cool and boys like cool stuff you can find it at target.com
    here you go just copy and paste http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/187-4636403-1840237?ASIN=B000C22J2S&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B000C22J2S|Peter_Potty_Toddler_Urinal&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B000C22J2S&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001 Hope this helps!!!!!
    tinkagg

Answer by tinkagg at 11:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• What exactly have you tried? That way no one will recommend something you've done. If you haven't tried just underwear recently, that is what worked for us.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My now 4 yr old son was the same way. We just kept reminding him and one day it just clicked with him. Now he hates being wet at all. If he for some rare reason wets while sleeping, he wakes up frantic. Boys take longer than girls..
    COGMOMJen

Answer by COGMOMJen at 12:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2010