Fathers rights question

My sd has been in therapy. My dh and I have tried to be involved . Now that the therapist wants us to be included and wants essions withe mysd witus to be witout the bm she refuses to bring her back in. Now for months my sd and her mother hae been having sessions due to abuse issues. We are not the ones who are being accused. She does have physicl cutody but they do have shared leal custody. My husband wants to fight for her to be in therapy nd therapist says she needs it. Does the bm have a right to drop it without consulting him and doesnt it look like she hiding something by dropping therapy when mysd is strtig to open up to us and the therapsit about whats going on at home with bm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• If they have joint legal custody he can take her to the therapist and will not need her permission to do so. I'd tell her you're doing it, but there's nothing she can do to stop it besides get a court order. If the therapist thinks that the child still needs therapy then it's highly unlikely the bm will get a court order.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Make appointments with the counselor when you have her. Your hubby as legal joint custody and he has a right to make decisions for the child too. If need be, have him get his attorney involved.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2010