provera while TTC

Has any one been put on provera while TTC? If so did it help at all?

My GYN put me on provera for 6 months. I have been on it for 3 months. I haven't really notice a difference in my periods and I am on it to regulate my periods. Should I call my doc and tell him it isn't working or should I give it more time? Someone HELP!!!

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I was (and am) on it to regulate my periods also. If you havent noticed a change I would call your doctor. He may need to up your dose a little.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Well he recently lowered my dose because I was having extreme side effects. So he lowered it. The side effects are not that extreme now, but I still have not noticed a difference.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• hmm..I would call him just in case. There may be another way to go..what were your side effects?
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My breast were so sore that I couldn't move my arm because it hurt too bad, nausea, stomach cramps, headache, and breakthrough bleeding and/or I would miss AF all together.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• hmm.....do you just not ovulate? Depending on your fertility issues you can always try other meds.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I do, but not like I should. My GYN said if this doesnt work, then he is going to put me on clomid. I also have endometriosis(sp?) and ovarian cysts.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I took clomid to concieve my first. We are TTC #2..I have PCOS. I dont hardely ovulate on my own..
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My doctor put me on it for 10 days in October. I had a period October 31st. That was the only month she had me take it to help jump start having periods. Well I haven't had another one since then. I don't think I am ovulating either becasue I am still not pregnant and this is our 6th month of trying now. My doctor just told me she wants to put me back on provera every other month for 10 days to help get my periods going again. So yes it helped me to have a period but since I am not still on it currently I am all messed up I guess. Better luck to you.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 1:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2010