Have you dated a sex offender?

If a parent or guardian knowingly dates a sex offender and a child in their care gets raped or killed by that offender should that parent or guardian be sent to jail for child endangerment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I dated 2 guys that were offenders. The first beat me and raped me. No, I didn't have kids at the time, and did not know he was like that. I was a stupid girl at that time. The second one I dated years later, and found out he molested my daughter. Let's just say I had some very understanding cops and did not go to jail, but he sure did.
    Anonymous

• I would never ever knowingly date a sex offender I think they are the lowest, skummiest people on the face of the earth and anyone like that doesn't even deserve to live. It's good when they finally go to jail, cuz they find out what it's like to be violated when some big guy comes along bends them over and violates them, and they deserve everything they get the monsters.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• yes I think they should. In my oppinion they out their child in harms way and they are just as much at fault as he is.
    Anonymous

• Of course they should be in trouble.. what a selfish parent to knowingly put your child at risk.. they should be charged and the kid should be taken away in a flash.. even if the state found out you were dating a sex offender, before anything bad happened, , i would want the child taken away.. it shows the mothers lack of responsiblity and care for her child.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• well my hubs is labeled as one but he was falsely accused, he can get it exponged in 5 yrs. it sucks because it hinders him being able to find a good job and to find an apt. we live in a complex with 3 other offenders in the building, they are so creepy they are always staring at me...but i would never date a real sex offender...those people should be in jail for life
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 7:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• YES.
    Anonymous

• sweet.lil.mama - Im curious how you falsely get accused.... what was he accused of doing??
    Anonymous

• his exs daughter said some BS and he had no family here to help him she got the idea because her mom was talkin about how she was molested as a kid and the girl got mad at my hubs because she wouldn't let her do something idk what and she said that, he took a lie detector and he passed but theyh dont hold up in court, he was in jail for 8 months and obviously he didn't do it i wouldnt have married and have a kid with a sex offender....
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 7:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My mom dated a guy when I was really little. He wasn't known to be one but then one day my mom found out that he was touching my brother so we went to the cops && he was sent to jail && ever since then she always tried to make it up to us.
    supermom3806

Answer by supermom3806 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Generally, yes. But I have to add, there are always situations where parents get accused by their kids in nasty divorces - and that one is a a tough one.

But generally, yes. Once you find out the person is a sex offender, you need to remove yourself and your kids from contact.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 10:22 AM on Jan. 10, 2010