Hubby wants to name our baby.......

Trenton Tyler...I say no because it's our first (first for either of us and together) AND he has wanted this name since he was 18 I was cool with it until he mentioned that his "ex wife" and other "ex girlfriends" like it too..Now I don't like it lol ;) I'm saying no..I want us to find something together...Not something his ex's are going to take praise for thinking they liked it too..I'm insecure now aren;t I?? oh boy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would want a diff name too or at least change either the first or middle name.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It is a beautiful name. and since he likes it so well. Maybe you could think of it as that YOU have the guy, not the exes. :)

Answer by Bmat at 6:49 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• OP here..Yeah, I'm insecure perhaps. just he told me he never planned having kids with any of his ex's of course my mind goes' Than why were you discussing names"? and when you let your imagination run wild it can take you anywhere..and even get jealous. I've been having stupid jealousy since starting my second tri-mester. So it has me thinking "what if the ex suggested the middle name and he liked it"? what's he not telling me? ;) lol I know it's silly, but it is how I feel!
    Anonymous

• Maybe you're right, maybe this is just jealousy hormones and I need to take a chill pill. Maybe I won't mind once the baby is born.....thanks ')
    Anonymous

• We are all insecure to a point. I know this sounds bad, but I let my husband name the first one. He named it after him (he is a II and my son is a III) so not my choice, but he was so excited about having a son named after him I gave it. My son is 15 and I know now that no matter what you name him, you will LOVE the name because it is part of the child you love so much.

And yes, when I was preggo- I was a disaster! It passes and you will laugh about it some day!
    justmyopinion

Answer by justmyopinion at 6:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My hubby picked our son's name. Damien Michael. He liked the name way before we met...and Michael is his middle name. I don't care who he discussed the name with in the past, or who else liked it...I liked it...he liked it...and thats all that mattered to me.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I understand how you feel wanted to be the first of everything in your lives...what if he'd never had mention about his ex'es liking the names you would have not known anything so if I were you I would still go with it...after all you are the one that got him and is having your baby boy together so if you liked his name go for it regardless what the other woman said. I am married to my dh who named his dd from someone I don't care for but I have to put up with it it is not often that we think back of how she got her name it is no big deal to me after all. It is a name...besides Trenton Tyler sounds good together and I am sure when he gets older he will too. I can see if he had some connections with these woman and he mentions it to them then ok but if he doesn't so what...But if for some reason he does have connections he has to say the name as if you guys came up with it. Not them...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My hubby picked out all 3 first names. I picked middle.

The crystal we have is some thing his ex chose for him.

He brought clothing on our honeymoon that his ex purchased for him.

Im not the jealous type... he is mine.... he asked ME to marry him - not them.

It is no big deal. If it means THAT much to him - let him have it.
    Anonymous

• At least yours didnt wait till the last minute that the only reason he agreed to name the baby Shawn is after a damn wrestler.... ugh.
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2010