Question about Stamps , please answer!

Can you only buy us postage stamps from the post office?

Brianna-Ravae

Asked by Brianna-Ravae at 6:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Shopping

• No. I buy them at my bank and at the grocery

Answer by admckenzie at 7:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• no..some grocery stores have machines. and some POs have machines inside their lobby, for after-hours purchasing. try one that has rentable post office boxes.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:02 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• You can buy them online. I've done it several times. Takes just a few days to come in and much easier doing it from the convenience of my home.

https://shop.usps.com
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 7:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I think I may be reading the question differently. ..

because you are mailing from the US, the postage will be in US postage, you don't have to ship to Canada with Canadian postage.

either way it was meant, it's now been answered :D
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Yes. If you want to mail a letter to Australia or wherever, you go to the PO tell them where you're mailing to and they will give you US postage for that amount. Canada is 74 or 75 cents, I think. So if you don't care about exact change, you could slap two regular stamps on a letter to Canada. You might be able to find out the amount on the USPS website. If you are sending a package you have to fill out a customs form at the PO.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2010