Can I give this to my 7 month old?

corn, celery, lima beans... like frozen or canned mixed veggies? I give him diced carrots, and peas and stuff...but I never heard of a baby eating celery, lima beans or corn..so I was just curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes lima beans,no to corn and celery
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• why no to corn and celery?
    Anonymous

• celery is to stringy at times and corn is to hard for a 7 month old to know they need to chew it really well.
    Anonymous

• my son has had corn squash and chicken baby food but whole kernel is probably not a good idea...but celery he could choke on the strings and idk lima beans are mushy you can mush them up i guess
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 7:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• A lot of people are allergic to corn and it really doesn't have a lot of nutrition anyway so I would wait on that.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 7:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't give corn, lima beans or celery because they are hard to digest. They would come out looking a lot like they did when they went in, not providing much nutrition. You want the food your baby eats to be nutritious and something your baby's body can use. If you are breastfeeding, anything your baby eats is taking the place of human milk.

www.kellymom.com is a breastfeeding website but it has info on starting solids that is good for all babies.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Frozen are really better than canned because of hte sodium if you can get it, but I don't think I have ever seen straight frozen carrots though... . I would stay away from celery and corn.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• None of those are allergy trigger foods, though the corn and celery may be a bit hard to digest. My daughter is 14, and still love to snack on frozen corn

Answer by rkoloms at 8:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i've never tried celery. But my Son has ate the rest you mentioned. He started at a young age too. The only thing with starting stuff like that young, is they usually wont take baby food anymore. My son is 12 months and hasnt touched baby food in a long time.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 8:42 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

Yes, yes corn is an allergy trigger food. Just ask my 11 month old. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2010