Should I keep these birds?

The people who live in the apartment right next to me were just evicted and when they left late last night they left their two parakeets right in front of my door. Another neighbor knocked on my door to tell me the birds had been left and its a good thing she did or they probably would not have survived a night out in the cold. I love birds and was actually saving up for a hand fed cockatiel. Now that I am responsible for these two I don't know what to do. I would feel really bad taking them to a shelter a to a pet store but I really feel disappointed. I wanted a hand fed bird and these two are so wild I can't hold them. What would you do?

justluvinmyson

Asked by justluvinmyson at 7:09 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pets

• id give it a few months, try to work with them and gain trust.if that doesnt work try posting them on craiglist so they will go to a home and not a shelter or pet store
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• put an ad in the paper "free birds"
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2010