Competition

How would you handle someone you call a friend, but always seemed to be competing with you when it came to your kids and who can do what?

MommyRuquiyah

Asked by MommyRuquiyah at 7:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Holy heck... I have on of those... and worse our husbands work together. I really like her but have to step back and take deep breaths. I try to keep the conversations light and not talk about our kids.
    Anonymous

• I have a SIL that is like it. It has really put a stran on our relashionship. When ever they call I dread the what my kids did and I suppose your kids can't because you can not afford that. Like resently our oldest has wanted to learn piano. I have been trying to figure a way for her to take lessons and have a place to pratice. My mom has a piano but she works weird hours. So either it is when DD is in school or late at night when my Mom is at home. Well dumb me said something on my facebook and well today she has to tell me all about her kids taking piano leasons and how her parents bought them a piano. This is only three days since I said this on Facebook.
    Anonymous

• I have one of those. I have a son who has a speech delay for some reason and is not doing great in school and she likes to point out how her daughter (they are only a few months apart) is doing great in school. I try my best to ignore it but it does bother me sometimes. We just try to stay away from the topic of our kids.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• If she really is your friend, I mean an honest to gosh true blue friend that you have always been very straight forward with, then I would talk to her. Tell you that you don't enjoy the "competition". Explain you want to know when her kids do well so that you can let them know how happy you are for them. You want to support them, discipline them when they need it, and enjoy this whole journey with her. You hope she feels the same. You just don't want to have to always compare your children to hers. They will have to be competitive so much that this should be a "competition free zone". Oh, don't forget to tell her how much you cherish her friendship, assuming you do of course.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I have one of those too. It's getting old fast and the friendship is pretty much over. I tried to talk to her about it along with a few other things and yeah she just didn't get it.
    Anonymous

• I would drift AWAYYYY!=)
    Anonymous