making a women out of dough???! What are these called!?!

Sorry this is gonna be hard to explain but i remember making these when I was a kid and now i cant remember how or what they are even called to look them up so i can make them again!!
All i remember is its a lot of dough and you like braid the dough ... it ends up making like a women or something.. like the braid part is her dress? Its not hard to make and its not like she has a real head, so its not really detailed.... or maybe im crazy lol.. but if any of you know what this is and how to make it please help!!

maybebaby83

Asked by maybebaby83 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I looked all over online and nada sorry
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• lol thanks anyway!! I wish i could remember more about it, but i just cant and its driving me nuts! i can picture it in my head but.. nothing..
    thanks tho!!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'd find a site that teaches you how to make bread dough and ask the owner of the site. They usually have their contact information there. Even if they don't know they may be able to guide you to whom to ask.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Was it maybe a variation on the Easter bread where you braid it and put eggs in it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:12 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• You must be crazy...............just kidding. I searched too, and just can't find anything like what you're describing. Had to stop because I was beginning to run into some pretty weird pictures under "bread resembles woman" search! :)
    Anonymous

• I looked and only thing I found remotely close is this switz bread...Grittib√ɬ§nzen (Christmas "Bread Men")
    http://www.europeancuisines.com/Swiss-Grittibaenzen
    leicthweis8003

Answer by leicthweis8003 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2010