Do you get along with your SIL or MIL or Both?

My MIL won't have anything to do with my daughter until I get her baptized, My SIL see's her but won't let her mother know she visits her, when she does come over she refers to me as HER or HER MOTHER. Other then that won't acknowledge me.

They were mad at DH so they didn't bother to come by for christmas to even check on DD letalone bring her all the "expensive toys" they said they bought her.
Do you get along with yours?!

vikings_beauty

Asked by vikings_beauty at 7:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I get along with my SIL, but I only see her at family gatherings. I dont get along with my MIL. I took her son away sooo she hates me.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Wow!! those sound like some great "religious" people.. how can people who claim to be so Godly be so hateful! just b/c she isnt baptized your MIL wont see her?! is that what jesus would do? Jeez!

My MIL is wonderful and very loving and I have no complaints.. i do feel horrible for you tho!! and for your poor DH for having to grow up with those kind of people!! Your lucky he is normal!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I don't get along with either of my SILs and my MIL i just tolerate for the sake of my DH
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My mil is a good person and I do get along with her most of the time..... but there have been a few times where we have clashed and had issues (mostly about things she has done- like leave my kids home alone!). I get along wonderfully with 2 of my sil-- they are awesome and I am blessed to have them in my life. However there is 1 sil that is a drunk and I don't care to have anything to do with her at all.
    Anonymous

• i tolerate them but really can not stand them... I avoid haveing to deal with them. My mil does not talk to anyone and is a sourpuss and i think hates me because I take care of my stepkids and she can not use the fact that she helps her son anymore. Until we got married she was helping with the kids and holding it over his head and had free place to live, all bills payed etc. now she has to be a grown up and pay her own rent, utilities. and we do not have to do as she says. And sil drives me nuts, she seriously does not know how to shut her mouth for anything. I went off at our wediing she was driving me so nuts. and told dh that she was goin gto have to leave at christmas before I went nuts,. none of his brothers get along with her due to something she did when she was a teenager. it really divided them family.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• No I can't stand either of them
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:43 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My MIL I get along with but I can't stand she ALWAYS has to put her 2 cents in && of course I have to bite my tounge it ticks me off .. my SIL I can stand but we dont see each other && when we do she acts like I'm not around but on myspace she'll talk && be friendly
    supermom3806

Answer by supermom3806 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Unfortunately I have had to deal with a MIL from the very bowels of Hades. She disliked me because her son was previously married and divorced when l met him however, l wasn't the cause of his divorce. Also, I came along with 2 children from a previous marriage myself therefore, according to Ms. Holier than Thou I was tainted goods. She made a point to leave up pictures of her ex DIL and would point these out to me when we would visit. We had pics made and gave them to her of ''our'' family to which she politely placed in a drawer with us standing in front of her. l decided to fight fire with fire. l refused to visit her home. Eventually, she took down the pic of the ex DIL. Made a point to let us know she had done this but it never changed how we felt towards each other she is a control freak. l can happily state l have now divorced her son and l have remarried to a wonderful man who has 5 sisters and we all get along great
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I love both my MIL and My SIL! We don't always agree on everything but we can be adults about it and discuss why we don't agree.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2010