From Breast to Bottle back to Breast.

I breast fed my son for a year before I got sick for two months I was in and out of the hospital unable to breast feed him so he got use to the bottle but now that I'm better I would like to start breast feeding again but he doesn't seem interested when I show him my breast all he does is grab my nipple also, he moves away when I try to put it in his mouth what should I do to get him interested in breast feeding again?

sheleejim

Asked by sheleejim at 7:38 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wouldnt force it on him if he doesnt seem interested.it may be a good thing becouse it takes time to wean.its great he had it for that year.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:45 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'm reading "Nursing Your baby" by Karen Pryor. It has a section on what to do in situations like yours. I just started on the section so I can't summarize it competently. It's a great book that I have found very empowering.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Unfortunately, you are probably going to have a very hard time switching back, if you can at all. After my son lost interest with the breast at around 10 months... that was IT. He was not about to go to the breast again, so I had to pump and bottle feed. If you try to force it, you will likely just make both of you frustrated and upset.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2010