vegetarian mistake not the end of the world...right?

So my oldest has been a vegetarian for over a year now. Well tonight we went out for Chinese and some of the food was mismarked. Well what she thought was fish was actually chicken. She eats fish but no other meat. She was almost done with it when my husband said Dani I don't think thats fish your eating. How do I convience her that it was simple mistake and she's not a failure at being a vegetarian? Honestly guys she's really upset.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm so sorry but I am giggling!

no it's not the end of the world :D

curious though... why is she a vegetarian? is it health reasons or animal rights kind of thing? Because if it's animal rights, I'm wondering why the poor fish can be eaten but other animals can't ;)
    Anonymous

• Tell her to put a helmet on and toughen up
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• She can mourn the chicken that died and decide to avoid foods she doesn't feel right about in the future. What has been done already is done. She should put the mistake behind her. Her heart was in the right place.

Answer by Bmat at 8:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My oldest DD tried to be a vegetaria when she was a teen.. I told her we are meat eaters. I will not cater to her decision to be a vegetarian I will not buy special food for her.  I would cook like I always cooked. Her vegetarian thing only lasted like 2 weeks.

Answer by louise2 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Mistakes happen. Tell her the chicken was already dead and cooked for someone to eat so she couldn't have saved it anyways. Lesson learned and move on.

BTW I think it's great that you support your DD in her desire to be vegetarian. It's nice when they don't feel alienated in their own family because of a simple choice to take a stand against something they believe is wrong.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 8:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Im a vegetarian..lacto ovo..tell her he didn't mean to...and these thing will happen.
    he didn't now its not her fault....I'm still transitioning so i still eat fish.is that why she does it

why couldn't you be supportive..seem like you enjoy that you made her fail.why i that..why would eh eating healthy b so detrimental to you
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• allergic2atupid.if shes an animals right activist..its not about whether she could have saved the chicken,its about being disgusted with ingestion of the chicken carcass
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• So... fish don't feel pain or enjoy the social connections it makes with its school? I don't understand vegetarians who seperate fish from other living creatures.
    Anonymous

• I was a vegetarian for about 6 years of my teenage life.. no one in my family was. It does suck when things like that happen, but what can you do? its an honest mistake and its happened to us all.
    Im just suprised she couldnt tell the difference between chicken and fish!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Oh brother, this is so ridiculous. Tell her to puke it up if she's so freaked out by it. Vegetarians annoy the heck out of me, I swear...
    Anonymous