My daughter is 23 - 24 lbs can she be in a forward facing carseat now?

I dont care to hear the debate on this I just want the average weight of forward facing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if she is less than a year old then it doesn't matter what her weight is... she has to be rearfacing.
    Even if your state doesn't spell it out as 1 and 20 all states have a proper usage clause and there is no car seat on the market that allows forward facing before 1 year.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Is there a law in your state?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• IDK
    Geeze galli if you dont knwo dont answer please.
    I am goingto be driving thru MANY states.
    CA NV AZ NM OK TX LA MS TN VA MD DE NJ NY
    We are moving.
    Anonymous

• No, they have to be a year old.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• like Ami said, she also has to 1 year old. so on her first birthday (if she's under one now) turn her around.

sorry the others weren't quite polite... they must be cranky with it getting later in the day ;)

Ami - carseats themselves don't care what age the kid is... LOL It's the person using it & the state laws that govern that... so saying "there is no car seat on the market that allows forward facing before 1 year" is just silly
    Anonymous

• It does not matter what other states you are driving by. They will go by your state if you get stopped. It is after the age 1 yr you can change then to forward fasing.
    Anonymous

• I think its 1 year OR 30 lbs. I might be off on the lbs number tho. My Son is really long and his legs would bend up in a rear facing seat. He was around 25 lbs and we HAD to switch him. He wouldnt fit anymore. And I dont know of any cop thats gonna pull you over bc they see a carseat just to ask.. "how much does that child weigh?" Just use comman sense. If the child is too big for one seat, get another.
    Anonymous