Does anyone have a pasta recipe?

My husband wants pasta with butter and parmesean cheese, but I am a horrrrrible cook and I don't knowwhat the butter to pasta ratio should be. Any recipes or any other ways YOU make pasta?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Classico makes a really good pesto with parm cheese in it. Just boil the noodles and add as much pesto as you want and toss the pasta. It's in the pasta isle at the grocery store... If you want a recipe for it maybe this will help,
    * 1/4 cup almonds
    * 3 cloves garlic
    * 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
    * 1/2 cup olive oil
    * 1 pinch ground nutmeg
    * salt and pepper to taste
    # Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place almonds on a cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
    # In a food processor, combine toasted almonds, garlic, basil, olive oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Process until a coarse paste is formed
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'd just make the pasta and add the butter and keep tasting it until it tastes right then add the parm cheese.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Tell him to make it to his taste.

This is my favorite recipe using pasta (despite the wording of you question, I do no think that you are actually looking for a recipe for pasta).

I serve this it over broccoli (and I make double the sauce).
    Pasta and Tofu with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicey)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
    1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
    1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
    1 cup shredded carrot

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss gently

• My mom used to do that for us all the time when we were younger, and I do it for my kids a few times a year (but with whole wheat pasta). I cook up the pasta- a box of whole wheat is typically 13.25 oz. When it's done & drained, I throw in about 5 Tablespoons of butter (I actually use Imperial stick margarine most of the time), mix it in, plate it, and then add the parmesan. I like to add some black pepper & parsley to my plate also, but the kids don't like it that way. If you're using a pound of regular pasta, I'd use 6-8 tablespoons butter/marg - depends how drippy he wants it (start with less, and add more to his liking). Add the cheese til it looks good to him. So easy! And soooo good, a cheap easy comfort food!
    Anonymous

Anonymous