why is it that most women are negative to mothers who have 4 or more children? does it really matter how many children we have? i have 5 and i love them very much!!

melissac9903

Asked by melissac9903 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's really nice! Great job!

Some women don't have the patience or the $$ to do that, they might be jealous. Personally, I have different life goals that don't include having a bunch of kids, but that's me.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:22 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I was gonna say jealous too :)

the amount of kids someone else has does not affect me, why should I care how many you have :D
    Anonymous

• Maybe it is just me. I just do not understand. Execpt for ooppses/unplaned pregnancies. Why anyone would want more then 1 or 2 kids. I had two. I was having a hard time with them.

Answer by louise2 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• jealousy that you can balance more than they can. although it comes off as you must be a baby machine. i know the feeling too i'm about to have my 3rd and i'm 23 so i get plenty of criticism, even from family. f*ck 'em!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I actually think its great for ppl to have big families, I just give them props for being able to afford it cuz i wouldn't be able to
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• every family is different. some couples just want 1 or 2 and (louise2) some people look at you and say... "I dont understand how anyone could want ANY kids).... Everyone has their own route they wanna take in life. Some like to be single, some married, some with no kids, some 1 child and some may want a Brady bunch.

I'm kinda jealous. -ha. i LOVE kids. And if me and my husband had the house size and money for 4 kids, i'd want 4. But with our jobs it wouldnt be possible and we know that, so thats why we just want 2.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 8:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My family is huge, my grandma had 11 kids so i think a big family is great!!
    Anonymous

• We have 3 and I wouldn't change a thing! I don't care how many children anyone else has, they aren't my children to raise...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• depends if they all have the same father or not, i know a chick who has 5 kids, pregnant with her 6th, 3 different dads....slutty if u ask me...
    Anonymous

• My mom has a "friend" named Ginny that is constantly making rude comments to us about the number of children our family has. I am one of five kids. Two of us have three kids each and one sister has four. One has none and one has one. So that is 11 grandchildren.
    She is always harping on how people should only have two kids. For some reason nobody stands up to her about how rude she is. Last time she was visiting she again lambasted me for having three kids and I finally got fed up. I said "Think about who you are talking to here. I am the fourth of five children, should I not be here because you don't approve? My uterus is mine and my husbands business, so butt out!". You should have seen the way her mouth puckered, like she had eaten a bushel of limes. She has not said anything else about it. As a matter of fact, she hasn't come to visit either.
    Damn, why did I put up with it for so long.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2010