Why am I bleeding when my period isn't due?

I'm on birth control and have been for a loooong while. We're not TTC for another 3-4 months, so I'm using up the last of my BC before we start trying.

Last month, I bled a little tiny bit for a day or two, with mild cramping. Then, I got my period a week and a half later.

This month, I've been bleeding (pale pink to brown with clotty type discharge) for 4 days now, and my period is not due for another week at least.

Obviously, I could possibly be pregnant. How likely is that? Or, what else could cause breakthrough bleeding/spotting like that!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, it could be a hundred and one reasons.Sometimes Birth control makes you bleeed when your period is not due. Test for pregnancy then if its negative visit your Doctor for more accurate advice. I don`t mean to scare you but bleeding can also be a sign of cervical cancer or an infection.The best thing is to visit a medical facility because on the internet you will get all sorts of answers that might not help you
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 2:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2010