Daisy Girl Scout Patch on a Uniform

Hello i have littler girl is in Daisy Girl Scout.
She got a lot of patch already I been trying to sew them on but the patch are so think the needle brake off. I try using fabric glue it did not work and use hot glue gun it work a little. there a sewing machine that will sewing patch on that easy to use i don't sew that good. i was going buy this sewing machine Singer Pixie Plus Sewing & Craft Machine or Smartek Mini Rex Cordless Sewing Machine. Any ideal will work

Thank you

piglet91

Asked by piglet91 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Hey, I am a Daisy Girl Scout leader in WV. I think the new patches might iron on, but don't quote me. Maybe go over it with an iron and see what happens. Couldn't hurt and might save you some sewing.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'm a daisy leader. the daisy patches iron on, you shouldn't need to sew. Also, for the fun patches that do not iron on, my friend uses fabric glue and has no problems, maybe try a different brand. My moms friend stitches my dd's fun patches on with her sewing machine. One of my daisy girls mothers sews hers on, she has broken a couple of needles, but she just bought tougher needles and it looks fine. There is also this stuff called Badge Magic you can get from the Girl Scout stores that is supposed to work, I haven't tried it though...
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• We sew ours on because we found that a lot of the badges don't iron on very well and eventually fall of and fabric glue doesn't hold them any better. We just buy thick needles and it works out well. The only badges that iron on and stay on are the very thin ones like the Daisy petals.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My Daisy Scout doesn't have a uniform so I haven't had to put any patches on but I had a Brownie scout and put all her patches on and they all ironed on. That didn't mean they all stuck and I had no problem sewing them on to keep them on. I tacked them on around the inside edge of the trim where it's thinnest. The Daisy patches we have don't look any different.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yes, the iron should work, but if there is an embroidered border, they will fall off. I have had a mini sewing machine and it was awful. If you're going to buy a sewing machine, buy a full sized one. I have seen Girl Scouts with their patches and badges stapled on. I guess that can be a last resort of nothing else works for you. I am also a Girl Scout leader.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:21 AM on Jan. 11, 2010