Finger nails and Toe nails

Does anyone else have to basically hold their child down to clip their nails? My son just turned one and I have always had to hold him down to clip his nails. Tonight he cried HUGE tears when I tried to clip them. I let him hold the clippers and let him see me clip my nails to see that it doesn't hurt. I don't cut far back at all on his nails and yet he still screamed and cried hard! Even after we were done he wouldn't come to me or my husband. I felt HORRIBLE! I hate clipping his nails and he won't let me bite them either. Makes me feel like a bad momma to see that I am causing my son to cry so hard. Any advice? Or encouraging word?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do it when they sleep :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• He wakes up to easily :( I have tried that too...
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• awe dont blame yourself for him crying thats just what he does so you wont do it, it has to be done regardless so try not to let it get to you i know thats hard but your not hurting him he will be okay :)
    Anonymous

• Wait till he is in a deep sleep or try an emery board and make a game or song out of it. Make it fun for him
    JaymieZ

Answer by JaymieZ at 11:13 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i use a nail file on my little ones finger nails and clip her toe nails
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2010