Can you REALLY forgive a cheater?

Have you ever got cheated on? Did you forgive and forget?

And if you haven't imagine your s/o did and could you forgive N forget?

Is there any women cheaters out there willing to say if they got truly forgiven?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I will forgive but the relationship will be over. I will never forget or accept it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i think you may forgive him but you will never forget it will always be in the back o fyour mind "if he did it once he'll do it again"
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 10:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I've been cheated on && of course I forgave him && took him back but then he did again that went on for like 4 more times, I believed I was in love then I met my husband && he made me see it wasn't okay so I dumped him && started dating my husband.
    supermom3806

Answer by supermom3806 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Perhaps in the beginning but when you think about it it will always hurt, you won't be able to trust them fully again.. why bother No I couldn't trust a cheater once a cheater always a cheater.
    vikings_beauty

Answer by vikings_beauty at 10:24 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It all depends on the age of the cheater. When I was younger I was very selfish and thought "If I'm not married, I don't owe you anything." The guy I cheated on at the time stopped talking to me for 2yrs and then we ran into eachother and now he's my husband. The cheating happened when I was in my early 20's and we both realized that we were very young and still figuring out who we were. So, long story short, if your significant other is younger than that may play a large part in their infidelity. Does it make it right? No. Now if they're older and more experienced, than I would have to say that it may be something harder to get over and stick around for. Talk to your s/o and see why he/she was unfaithful. I'm really sorry for what you're going through :(
    mire621

Answer by mire621 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I was with an ex.. i forgave and we stayed together.. IT WAS MISERABLE after that.. I never trusted him.. for all i know he could have been perfect, but i was always reading his text messages, checking his phone, yelling at him about something.. it was horible for both of us. It wouldn't have mattered if he was really doing something or not, b/c in my eyes HE WAS. just the fact that he had was horrible.. i could picture him with her and it made me ill .. physically ill. i never wanted to have sex with him b/c its all i thought about.. his penis had been inside someone! YUCK!
    I honestly now know , for me at least, I will never go through that again.. i figure if you cheat on me, you dont want me anymore and i sure am not gonna want you!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Personally I go by once a cheater, always a cheater. Once the line is crossed, it's gone. If I find out a guy has cheated on a former gf, it's a complete turnoff.
    lilmama2be

Answer by lilmama2be at 10:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It really depends on yourself. Can you truly forgive, completely? Never forget, but forgive, which means no throwing it in your partner's face when you argue, not being paranoid and psychotic about phone calls and texts, not bringing it up every time you are hurt and want to hurt them? If you honestly can't, then I would say no, you need to move on. Think about it, and know yourself. Don't let your partner influence your decision at all. This has to be an honest examination of yourself. I disagree about cheating ever being justified, it never is. If you cannot work it out, or at least talk to your partner as to why you/they are unhappy, then your relationship needs a lot more communication and honesty.
    jjcooke

Answer by jjcooke at 10:35 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My husband cheated on me. It wasnt a situation where I found out by snooping he actually told me the next day after it happened. I told myself if he ever cheated on me I would leave him. Once it happened I was ready to leave but it wasnt as easy as I thought. I wanted my daughter to have both parents together. Eventually I was able to forgive him but it took a lot of work. Now I do trust him 100% but I will never forget what he did to me.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Nope for get it ! It will happen again always does
    JaymieZ

Answer by JaymieZ at 11:10 PM on Jan. 9, 2010