Looking for a safe humidifier

Anyone have any recommendations for a safe humidifier? I am more concerned with ease of cleaning than anything. I just don't want something that is going to be full of slime after the first night. I don't mind cleaning often, just so long as I don't need any special little brushes to get into weird crevices.

zweedledee

Asked by zweedledee at 10:32 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Shopping

• We have a Vicks V3100 Cool Air Humidifier for our youngest and it helps him immsensely while being easy to clean. It has a disposable filter, but they are easy to find and cleaning is really easy. We use ours nearly daily since our youngest is prone to croup and I honestly can't complain about it at all.
    Daylex

Answer by Daylex at 2:18 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Well, actually I have a humidifier which is cool air, I use that in the living room. I use a warm air vaporizer at night in the bedroom. The warm air one keeps the bedroom nice and warm and plenty of humidification. Remember, your body requires humidification which is often depleted in the winter. It's a good idea to keep your body hydrated as well. Plenty of fluids is essential.
    Anonymous