I have a suggestion, but you probably won't like it.
My husband and I don't believe in co-sleeping. We believe it is not healthy for the kids, or for our relationship.
So, here is a method I guarantee will work... but the key is to be 100% consistent. 100% of the time. You will get tired and want to break, but if you do this I guarantee it will be worth the trouble.
1. Do your bedtime routine, ie; bath, teeth, book... whatever you do.
2. Explain that it is time to start sleeping in his own 'big boy' bed and let him help make the bed/ turn it down etc.
3. Place him in the bed and turn off the light, sit at the door with your back turned to him and do not talk or make eye contact at all.
4. He will get up, it is inevetable... just pick him up and put him back, without talking to him at all and return to your place.
5. Every time he gets up, return him. He may cry, scream, yell at you, tell you 'you don't love me'...
at 11:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2010