I'm thinking about having a Baby and try to conceive soon. My only worries are if I can handle the physical strain of being pregnant!

I am 26 years old and this would be my 1st baby. I am in a relationship with someone for 7 years now and he is so ready for us to start a family, not to mention we are madly in love with each other. I am to but I am nervous about the physical part of it... any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you really wanted a baby the physical stuff wont matter. Yeah its hell or was for me anyway. But after the 9 months is over you get a wonderful gift for all your suffering.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It all depends on the women. You' won't know till you are. I experienced nothing but a growing belly and I was a little tired but wasn't sick ever, no cravings I wasn't emotional. I barely needed maternity clothes. I had a perfect pregnancy and delivery. So there is hope it does happen.
    JaymieZ

Answer by JaymieZ at 11:00 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• not all pregnancies are puking from morning until night, and completely uncomfortable. Each one is different, and just like being a mom, you can not completely prepare for it, you learn as you go. So don't be terrified. Take one day at a time and your desire to have that little one in your arms will help you make it through. There are plenty of absolutely wonderful things to experience while you are pregnant too. Like hearing your babys heartbeat for the first time, or the first time they move and your SO can put his hand there and feel it too.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• It's all part of it. Morning sicknessand body will changes. Look at this way you won't be you won't be you years on end.
    Anonymous

• Are you infirm?
    Anonymous

• Well I went through hell with my first pregnancy. It was awful, but I DID IT. I decided to even get pregnant again. I am 20 weeks along, and had a very rough start once again. I am getting through it though, for in May I'll be done. It'll be worth it in the end. :) :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Is there a reason why you aren't married? There are many legal benefits to marriage; if one of you is hospitalized, you will have no rights to see the other and no say in treatment. If one of you chooses to stay at home with a child, you will not be eligible for insurance benefits from the other's employer.

Anyway, see a doctor first, to make sure that you don't have any health issues. Start taking a prenatal vitamin. Make sure that you and your boyfriend have discussed: religion, discipline, education, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2010