Alcohol and pregnancy don't mix, right?

So earlier I was helping a customer pick out a white wine. And it turns out that he was buying it for his pregnant fiance. I was shocked! I had heard about fetal alcohol syndrome but I'm guessing he hasn't. He said he had talked to the doctor and the doctor had told him that white wine was okay. To me alcohol is alcohol! I have never heard of a doctor saying something like that! I would change doctors or get a second opinion. Have any of you heard of it being okay to drink white wine while pregnant?

usmc-wife-ash

Asked by usmc-wife-ash at 10:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, that sounds a bit odd to me too. I personally indulged maybe 3 nights of my pregnancy in alcohol and actually got drunk one of them. my son was born extremely healthy.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• some people say an occasional glass of wine is ok, but I am with you alchohol is alchohol and its not good for baby at all
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• A couple glasses of wine a week isn't going to cause fetal alcohol syndrome. And a lot of obsetricians say it okay. I never drank while pregnant but I some of my friends drank occassionally with doctors approval.
    Anonymous

• and I told my ob all about it, he did not like it but was not worried! he was more worried about me smoking marijuana and cigarettes throughout my pregnancy!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• OMG truthteller - why did you even have kids???
    Anonymous

• truthteller is just a troll. Her life is so pathetic that she gets joy out of making women on CafeMom upset at her.
    Anonymous

• one or two glasses a week won't hurt, but i don't agree with drinking at all.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't take a chance no matter how bad I wanted it. It's not about me, it's about my unborn child.
    nicci260

Answer by nicci260 at 12:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2010