Can you Not ovulate during your cycle? Can that happen?

So I am TTC and we have been trying for about three months with no luck. I figured it would be easy but not so much. I finally decided to try an ovulation kit to track when I ovulate but all i have gotten so far is one line not two like they say can happen when you test. I have a 28 day cycle and I should be ovulating within the past few days up to tomorrow from what I've figured out. Anyway my fear is that I just am not ovulating. Can that happen or am i just freaking myself out?

Jenn710

Asked by Jenn710 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Absolutely, you can not ovulate. The cycle is dependant upon dozens of hormones that, if one is out of wack, can cause you to not ovulate, even if you are still menstruating. Its sad, but true. There are many hormone deficiencies that can cause this, but most fertility specialists will tell you to try for six months at least before they will want to do any intervention. But it never hurts to have your hormone levels checked. There are certain hormones that they can look at to determine whether or not you are likely to be ovulating.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:11 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• absolutely. If you have pcos you can not ovulate and still have a period. I agree with the pp do not stress. Stress effects everything in our bodies. i would have a hormone check done and see if that could explain things.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i am heavy and i am worried too that it is keeping me from getting preggo too
    Jenn710

Answer by Jenn710 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2010