car ??

2003 suzuki aerio sx 79,903 miles on it....anytone have any good or bad input?
I am thinking about going to look at one tomorrow.
my 1995 honda that will supposibly last forever I got 6 months ago died yesterday with 115k m iles on it, new engine costs more than I paid for the car.....
I am a single mom on a tight budget who has been dumb in the past and let dumb men screw with my credit.....so I am loooking at this one place that was reccomended to me by the guy at toyota today, his bil owns it, and they help people with not so hot credit, but its a big name dealership not a scam place, and i am looking at their inventory online and this is the car I like, keeping in mind I gotta stay as cheap as possible and still not junk.
at this point I do not even know how I am goning to get to work on Mon with out a car....

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Suzukis are great cars. My FIL has a suzuki trooper that had over 200,000 miles and it was made in 1989. Still running and has had no major problems.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My Hubby said expensive parts and limited dealers... May not be the right choice. He works on all sorts of cars so I trust his judgement... GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:33 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• How much are you planning to spend? He could probably give you an idea of what would be good to look for ..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:34 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I just looked it up on Consumer Reports for you. There isn't much data recorded for that model/year. They seem to rate fairly well in reliability and consumer ratings. They are valued between $2,875 - $4,125. The higher price is for EXCELLENT condition... with not that many miles. I would not pay more than $3500 if it were me for a car with 80k miles. The gas mileage is between 18city to 28hwy depending on tires/ engine etc. So the gas mileage isn't great.
    Here are some of the consumer reviews:
    Pros: Fuel economy, look, interior is spacious for a small car
    Cons: Ride, mechanical problems, cheap interior
    Pros: Affordable to drive,quick pick up,gas mileage is great,great trunk space
    Cons: blower fan for heat and ac loud,exterior trims falling off
    Pros: Seating height good, fairly ergonomic driving set-up
    Cons: climate system has major problems

Hope that helps!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I'm in your position. I'm looking for a car myself.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• My brother was a salesman for Hyundai. He said that they had one of their cars come through the lot that had been hit my a semi truck on the passenger side. It had a dent in it and everyone in the car was fine. They have a steel cage around them. I drive a Hyunda Tuscon and love it. It's an SUV with a four star crash test rating and a five star on front, side and rear. The Elantra and Sonata are great cars at a great price You might look into one of those. I wrecked three Fords that were totaled and I don't trust GM cars. I know that Suzuki's aren't so common so you might have a hard time finding parts or a mechanic that knows how to work on it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Oh..and I only paid $15000 for mine. And I know that I could've got a Elantra for less. I just wanted a midsized SUV.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 9, 2010