i am spotting and has anyone else and what is or what was the out come? should i worry?

i have been spoting off and on for about a week and my doc had me do blood work and my level on monday was 132 and then on wed 278 and they said not to worry it looks great but i still keep spotting off and on and i am starting to worry.

tamasajane

Asked by tamasajane at 11:21 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• don't worry that will only make it worse
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:25 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I spotted with my 2nd and 3rd children. Everyrthing was fine with that aspect of the pregnancy :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 11:30 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• You don't say how far along you are, but I can't imagine that you are very far. Has your OB done an ultrasound (an intravaginal one, more than likely) yet? That will be able to confirm that everything is okay.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 11:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• i spotted on my first pregnancy and it was a miscarriage, then on my second...same thing...then on my third and had a baby. i spotted a lot on the third and they just seemed to think it was from cervix being sensitive. if you start getting any clots you might want to worry then. i know how you feel though!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I also spotted, and it turned out to be ectopic.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I imagine you're not very far along...but the fact that your counts are going up is a good thing...ectopic they would be going down not up...also if you're still nervous beyond belief you can have the doc do a pelvic to ensure the cervix is closed...some people spot off and on and it's perfectly normal...I spotted in beginning of this pregnancy but it stopped and everything has been okay since...good luck and I hope you get some more reassurance soon.
    alaylasmommy

Answer by alaylasmommy at 12:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I spotted for my second and this current pregnancy. The reason is because my husband and I have combatting RH in our blood. My blood type is A negative and his blood is A positive... My body sees the combatting blood of the baby as an enemy so I had to go in for a Rhogam shot. It is highly important to test for RH issues... the baby can be miscarried, still born, have minor birth defects and sickness like diabeties or severe illnesses!
    ccmello

Answer by ccmello at 12:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• spotting is fine its when you have a lot of blood or clots that u need to worry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• ...but the fact that your counts are going up is a good thing...ectopic they would be going down not up...

This is not entirely true. My HCG count got up to 1000 when my ectopic was discovered at 2 months. The only thing that causes HCG levels to decrease is removal of the pregnancy through surgery or methotrexate injections. With that being said, since the OP's HCG counts are doubling like they should be, I'm sure she is fine and has nothing to worry about. I don't want to scare anyone, just wanted to clear up that bit of mis-information.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 7:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I spotted and was just fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 10, 2010