Why are Moms so quick to argue on this site?

I joined this site because my fiance wanted me to meet some local Moms (we're military) because I don't know any Moms in our area, but after reading the forums I am not really interested in meeting anyone.

Why are people so quick to jump the gun and assume people are saying something that they arent?

I mean, I'd love to meet some cool people on this site, but it seems a lot (not all) are more worried about fighting and trying to disprove someones point then being courteous and friendly towards each other.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Shrug. I know my ways might not be the best, and thats why I choose to keep open ears and eyes.
    Anonymous

• I noticed that too. It use to bother me but I just let it go now. Honestly I use this site to see diff outlooks and points of view. Look at my profile I have no friends on here haha.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• depends on where you look. Military Moms is a good group. Military Wives Unleashed has a lot of drama...then there are some smaller groups, which usually tend to be better anyway, that are area specific or branch specific. Just look around. Not everyone here is all about the drama. Usually the larger the group, the more drama filled it is.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:46 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I agree I just read another post about tyra of all people and some woman comments set me on edge she talked about how everyone thinks the whiteman brings everyone down something like that. Like who has the time to be so ugly?

I would like to meet a normal mother on here who isn't here to be a troll
    Anonymous

• Because, we are all moms and think that our ways are the best- just like every mom before us and every mom that will come after us!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• b/c that is what women are born to do.
    Anonymous

• I'm just a normal, SAHM. Military spouse. I don't come on here to argue. I do state my opinion but I still try to be respectful of everyone else. Everybody does things differently, but if someone is doing something very harmful to their child then yes I will try to politely tell them why it is dangerous or whatever, but I don't like to just fight. Some moms on here are VERY rude.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:51 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• we are females with major hormones ragin :-) In all seriousness... women tend to run more on emotion than men do. We react to things differently. Crazy I know. I have to remind myself not to let other peoples comments affect me. I have been chatting and interacting with people since 1995 on various places on the net including chat rooms and you learn a lot about how to interact. When I first started chatting ... I made so many mistakes and go into so much trouble with people until someone told me how to respond then I trained myself and it has done so well. Not everyone likes it tho but you just do the best you can and let peoples comments roll off your back. It can be hard when you just want to react but its better to act than react.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I have noticed the same thing. It's sad. I always thought this site was for getting answer's to your questions, moral support, and even to find new friends. I hope you find what your looking for on here because other's sites are much worse. Thats why I've stuck with this one!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 11:57 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• I've been using a lot of different sites in the past, but this one genuinely came off as a nice, calm, helpful resource. Bleh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2010