How to approach my turd of a husband?

My husband lied to me and I caught him today. It wasn't anything terrible, but I hate dishonesty, as I'm sure everyone does, and I let him know very calmly that I had caught him in his lie and I was not happy. I left it at that and said nothing the rest of the night assuming when the kids went to bed HE would being it up and explain, apologize, whatever. However, right after putting my daughter to bed I was getting my son to bed and I come into our bedroom only to find HIM asleep! Are you kidding me? I said "Are you sleeping!? I waited all night until now so you could say something and I guess you don't plan on it." and left him to continue sleeping. I'm wondering how to approach him tomorrow though? Really, I would consider just letting it go, but I do expect more respect from him than that. Why lie to someone and then act as though you are in the clear, right? Ugh...men.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Deff talk when the kids arnt around. But seems like you might have to approach him about it, tell him how he hurt you with his dishonesty and then with his lack of sympathy to your feelings or the fact that he might have hurt your trust.
    Hope all works out.
    BABYnME610

Answer by BABYnME610 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• oh me,,,I can't stand a liar either. I say give him the silent treatment until he comes clean!
    lifelovinmom

Answer by lifelovinmom at 11:48 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• ALL MEN ARE ASS HOLES ! ! THEY ALL CHEAT , LIE ! FUCKERS ! ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Boys are stinky we throw rocks at them!
    boogernoodle

Answer by boogernoodle at 12:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• OP: Haha, I love my husband and I'm stuck with him. I just want him to say he's sorry, which I'm sure he is. Words do mean something to me even if I already know he's thinking them, I want to hear them out loud too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Either let it go or bring it up again tomorrow and continue to have this negative feeling towards eachother someone had to give in...let him know ur feelings. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:31 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I don't like liars. I think the same of people who expect their spouse to read their mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Making him say he's sorry is an empty apology. He has to want to say it otherwise its just words with no meaning. Just tell him you are hurt that he felt he needed to not tell you the truth.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If you it go then your telling him its ok to lie to you. Men are like children. Don't let this disrespect continue.
    Anonymous

• Well, did you tell him that you wanted to discuss it further after the kids went to be? Because if not I think you are being a little ridiculous in assuming that he was just going to bring it up on his own. Why bring up and argument if he thought he had heard the end of it? Was it wrong of him to lie? Yes! Do I think he owes you an apology? Absolutely! Next time you should probably just tell him what you want to hear and save yourself some aggravation. You know what they say when you assume.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 10, 2010