any advice on our situation

my husband goes to college an hour away on m-f. he works night shift 12 hour shifts on frisay sat sunday. i babysit monday thru thursday . it seems like he is always gone. the job he has pays double any other jobs around here but i hate him working night shift. is there anything i am missing? i am a stay at home mom and we only have 1 car.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• What's your question? If he's making more money there than he should stay. He won't be in college forever and than you'll be able to spend more time with him.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Wow...your Hubby is gone a lot. My Hubby works quite a bit as well. I'm just thankful he has a job. Times are tough for a lot of people right now. Have you ever thought about doing something else from home to make some extra money? I work from home. I am a stay at home Mom to two children. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!! Joining Internet CEO Moms is one of the best decisions I have made for my family and myself. You can have the best of both worlds too!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 12:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• MY Question Is--Am I wrong for wanting him to get a job after school on M-F so that he can have Sat and Sun off with us? He gets out of school around 1 on M-F but I would like for him to have 2 days where he does not have to leave unless he wants to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I think that you'll regret it. Especially the pay cut. Things will get better once he's done. You'll be able to do what you want-go to school or whatever.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Try to keep things in perspective. It won't always be like this. Sometimes you just have to cope for awhile. Your DH wont always be in school..he wont always work nights..your kids won't always be small....things will change as time goes on you just have to get through it till then.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• You need to be supportive of how hard is is working to get a better job and take care of his family!! For every hour he spends in class, he should be spending 2-3 hours doing homework and studying. Back off and do what you can to help him.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• If he gets a M-F job, working the 9-5 (or 2-10) that he would need to work to make up for the 3 days that he works now, he will actually be gone MORE than he is now. And too tired to enjoy having 2 days off with you. Plus not making as much money. I would be supportive of him and keep in mind that he won't be in school forever. When he finishes school he can look for a job with more ideal hours, making more money. What he is doing now is actually most ideal for your situation right now. He isn't overdoing it with school and work and has time to rest and recover.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I agree with slw. I also think you need to be able to see the end of it. So talk to him, and figure out when he is going to graduate and what that will take etc.

I think that we can do a lot of hard things as long as we know the date it is going to end.
    Anonymous