what should i do? 6yr old stepdaughter and 25 weeks pregnant

my 6 yr old stepdaughter doesnt want our new little baby b/c its a girl.we showed her the 3d pictures and included her in everything and we only have her every other weekend and as soon as we told her that she was having a little sister she cried immediately and threw the ultrasound pictures. she cried for over an hour of course this made me feel horrible but i did and said nothing other than reassure everything would be ok.we have included her in the baby shower also, and now she refuses to talk to me and all she does is throw a fit with me, not with her father. she told us she didnt want the baby and if we had our little girl she would never come see her father and i again. how do you ladies suggest how i handle this?

aprilmommytobe

Asked by aprilmommytobe at 12:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Give her some time in my opinion it is the whole jealousy thing, she is probably scared that she is gonna lose her special relationship she has with both of you right now and she will no longer be the little princess. She is mostly taking it out on you because you are the pregnant one, and since at that age they really don't get where babys come from (how they are made) she isn't mad at dad cuz she probably thinks he had no part of it (making it that is) that is why in her little head it is you. Hopefully once the baby comes as long as you show her the same attention she gets now she will get over it after awhile, and usually little girls like to take a 'motherly' role and help out with the newcomer, so I say in this situation that time will heal and pretty soon she will like the fact that she is a big sister. Good Luck!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• tel her what I say to my kids when they are mad that they are stuck with me & you will countinue to see her no matter what. Also I would let her know little boys don't want to play dolls, or do hair or other girl stuff. Let her know you can't control wheather or not its a girl or boy.. no worries kids say things they don't mean just keep building her up as a big sister & letting her know how fun girls are.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:04 AM on Jan. 10, 2010