why do married moms think......

you have to have a man in your life and why do they think they are some how better than moms that aren't married or even single moms? not saying all married moms think this way just alot of them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• that is a very good question every one wants me and my SO to run down to the court house and get married just because we are having a child IMO i believe its just a piece of paper and i will get married when im ready to. i think they think that way because its the way they were raised and its supposed to bethe right way of doing things so if your not married and having a child ur a bad person or something lol. very god question
    aprilmommytobe

Answer by aprilmommytobe at 12:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Not all of us think that way get it right.
    Why does it matter what someone else thinks?! If you go around caring what every jennifer, tiffany and amanda is thinking about you your never going to find anyone because your too busy worrying about what pple think of you.

get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Oh I don't think I am better at all. My marrying my dh was just pure dumb luck. Somehow I got a good one, it was nothing I did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I don't think you MUST have a man in your life. I am married, but if god forbid something happened to my DH I would survive, and be able to care for our child. Since I AM happily married, I enjoy having a man to love and come home to. I love that my DD has TWO parents living at home who love her more than anything.
    Anonymous

• I agree don't worry about what others think.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I could careless either way if your not married good for you and if you are great but why does it matter to me again?
    Who cares I'm married I never wasted my time judging on why another woman isn't married.
    To each his own. Why do you single or unmarried mothers think we married mothers are judging you?

It's not that big of a deal I'm more worried on why a 14 year old is pregnant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• count me as one who doesnt think that way at all! I had a single mother she did eventually remarry but she worked her butt off, I also feel if a woman has to have a man in her life she needs to work on herself first. Sure i feel that my husband makes my life complete but this idea that a woman cant be a success without a man in her life is BS.

I dont think I am better than a single mom, I think single moms work harder than those of us who are married they have an extremely full plate and they do it without help, to me that is an amazing thing.

On the flip side I know several single moms who cant live without a man and bring different men into their lives just so they are not alone and when i see the destructive force of the multiple relationships i wonder why they cant find the strength to stand on their own without a man to validate them ( I have a SIL that does this and it kills me to watch it)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Me too, count me out of that sterotype. I have been married to my husband for almost 7 years and with him for 10. By no means am I a 'better' mom or better person because I am married. There are some MARRIED women who are awful mothers!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I think that a single mother can be a wonderful, wonderful caregiver and can give her child a fantastic life. She cannot however be a father to her child. If the father is in the picture, then problem solved, but if the father is uninvolved, it's nice to be hopeful that she could find someone to step up and have a fatherly role for the child to look up to and learn from.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 12:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I have total respect for a single mother raising her child alone, I lost my DH when I was pregnant with my DD. I also am Married again I never at one time ever wondered or judged another mother why she is single or unmarried. As long as you can take care of that child and keep him or her safe then that's all that matter.
    vikings_beauty

Answer by vikings_beauty at 1:00 AM on Jan. 10, 2010