My washing machines water just broke!! :( Anyone know anything about washing machines?

Unfortunately no babies!! Just a wet floor! It only dripped a little on the floor. Do you think its something that can be fixed very cheap or is my machine dead? Can't really afford a new one right now. I'm gonna have my dad check it out for me.

Jeckers

Asked by Jeckers at 1:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Before you get panicing....is the drain going to a sink? We just had this happen, it turned out the sink drain was plugged and it would overfill and drip onto the floor. The next step is to figure out where the leak is coming from. It could be condensation on the pipes if it is really cold where you live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• how old and what brand? Our older maytag did that about a month ago. It was the "anti-syphon" part and it cost about $20 at the Maytag appliance store. You can google search your brand and the problem and find out lots of info....I learned a whole bunch and now know how to take apart a washing machine!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:01 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Oh yes it is a Maytag Model 110 and very old. It has the serial number and all the information of the machine. I will google it and see if I can fix it my self. I am usually a do-it-yourselfer, but I have a 3 month old and a 13 month old and lately I have been so tired and busy with these two! I hope its something easy! Thanks for the info!

It has its own drain in back of the machine. But not sure where its leaking from. Its coming from underneath the machine.
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 2:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Sounds like it may be something as simple as a cracked gasket or something more complicated like a plugged water pump (we've had both of those happen). For right now, can you get a towel under it to soak up the water as you do laundry?
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2010