is there a certain food you keep making but just wont turn out GOOD?

pesto...it seems like its good but then i go to make it and its like "blah". i tryed it a couple times.

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 1:53 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nathskitten:
    I make a great Lemon Chicken.....Its really easy
    Make a sauce: Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter, slice up 6 lemons. add 1 T of lemon pepper, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper and 1-2 T Sugar (depending on your taste)....let this simmer for about an hour, check to make sure the lemons don't scorch.
    Now take whatever chicken parts you like, wash and pat dry . Put them in a roasting pan and sprinkle with lemon pepper, salt and pepper on the chicken . Take a bottle of Lemon pepper marinade(lawry's is good or any other store brand) and pour over chicken pieces. Add 1/2 cup of water to pan to prevent sticking and provide steam.Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour...depending on how much chicken you have in pan.
    Now when the chicken is done and the lemon sauce is thru cooking...take thelemon sauce and pur over the chicken and bake 20 more minutes. I serve with white rice and broccoli
    Sassy762

Answer by Sassy762 at 5:50 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yes, mashed potatoes! I've all but given up on them. No matter what I do to them, they're never GOOD, just edible and not suitable for leftovers.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 1:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Spaghetti Sauce from scratch! But I'm really good at mashed potatoes...lol
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Kaceesmom...do you want some advice with the spaghetti sauce? I make a great one!
    I keep trying to make lemon pepper chicken, and mine always sucks!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• My grandmas stuffing recipe...I have the exact recipe and mine tastes like crap lol. other than that I am a pretty good cook
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Gravy. I've finally gotten to the point where it's at least edible. LadyEb I make great mashed potatoes from scratch. Nathskitten would love to know about spaghetti sauce from scratch. Any suggestios for good gravy?
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 2:09 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It was pancakes, but I've perfected them thanks to using a from-scratch recipe and a cast iron pan. I was terrible at it!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• for me, it's rice of all things! I now live in Peru where (according to my Dr) we eat more rice than people in China. I've gotten a lot better, but it's still hit and miss...jasmine, basmati, long grain white, rice cooker, stove top, it just doesn't seem to matter!
    lima_mama

Answer by lima_mama at 2:19 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Yep, mine is gravy also. I can NOT get it right. It either gets clumpy or has no flavor.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Well for my spaghetti sauce I start with a pound of Italian sausage and brown it. Drain the grease and add a medium finely chopped onion and five cloves of crushed garlic, I use a garlic press. Cook until the onion is translucent and then add two large cans of crushed tomatoes. You can use diced stewed tomatoes also. Also a medium can of tomato paste. Add two tablespoons of basil. I like fresh, but dried is nice too. Add salt and pepper to taste. The secret is to add two tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Simmer for 20 minutes and it is ready! Add some nice galic bread and enjoy!
    You can other things like Italian seasoning if you like, but not too much. Also if you like you can add things like olives, black or green, sauteed onions, and fresh chopped tomatoes.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2010