Why do mothers on here encourage others to lie?

Is it just me or is this something you find unacceptable? What does one gain by lying? Have you ever encouraged someone else to lie on here?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 2:00 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's because they want to excuse their own behaviour so they feel the need justify their own actions it by saying "I had a reason" or it was " white lie". and by also trying to explain theirselves away to others on here. When raising a child you don't raise him/her by saying "Okay, so lying is something we do each by choice, if you feel like it's okay then do it"...no we say that, instead we teach "Don't lie" 'lying is wrong"....Yet we as Mothers how are we doing any better? How are we not hypocrites if we have to excuse our own actions? My opinion of course. Please no rude msgs in my inbox
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't call it encouraging, I would call it more opinions are like a**holes everybody has one!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Not encouraged to lie but encouraged to withhold certain details of the truth for the better of the situation yes.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• No. I can't say I have. It is something I have noticed here though. It is a weird type of peer group on here. I was discussing that with my hubby just now. It feels as though I am in an arena and we are the gladiators. Some of us try to help the other fighters, but the majority are happy to "shoot the wounded."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• When does a "white lie" become less of a lie then?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:05 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• remember that this is rnjwke asking the question. she gleefully reports people for PA fraud.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• There is a difference between a "white lie" and discretion.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• And your point is exactly what anon 06? The fact that I find it morally repugnant to willfully lie is something I stand behind, with my name and face attached that is.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:10 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• How do we know when people are lying on here?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:11 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• You know that I have...I'm assuming that I touched a nerve with you which is what made you start this post..I apologize if I offended you in any way..

To answer your question, it depends on the situation.

Would you lie if you husband (who is moments away from dieing) asked if you still loved him and you don't?...or would the last thought going through his head as he dies be "The woman I love doesn't love me back"?

Would you lie about being a Jewish family in Germany during the holocaust if a Nazi were standing with a gun pointed at your kid's head?

Sometimes lying isn't such a terrible thing.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 2:12 AM on Jan. 10, 2010