WELL I TRY TO FIND WORK

AND I DON'T HAVE A GED OR A HIGH SCHOOL DIPOLMA AND I WAS WONDER DO ANYONE KNOW ANYONE WHO IS HIRING RIGHT NOW AND RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT I NEED A JOB LIKE A.S.A.P.PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE I WILL TO WORK ANYWHERE FOR RIGHT NOW FOR THE GOOD AMOUNT OF MONEY. IT JUST CAN BE TO FAR CUASE I'M TAKING THE BUS.HELP PLEASE.

Tish0624

Asked by Tish0624 at 2:35 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• Hmmm...fast food places and wal-mart are always hiring or so I've heard. Hey, at least it's a job...
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 2:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• ummm where do you live sweetie?
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 2:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Hmm I'm trying to think of a place.....Have you tried temp agencies? I know most states have a labor force that normally pays daily.....But it's normally HARD labor! Ummm what about moving and packing companies?! We are Military and I've spoke with several of the ppl that have helped us move and some of them didn't complete high school but where hired on.
    If I come up with anything else I'll be back :)
    bgcmommy

Answer by bgcmommy at 3:02 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I am really not meaning this mean, so please, read this in a nice tone :-) The thing is, as much as we would like to help you, without more information, none of us can really help you.

Because just because someone is hiring in, say, Cleveland, doesn't mean that the same business is going to be hiring in, say, Jacksonville. Also, not knowing where you live makes it hard as far as not wanting it to be too far.

BUT - honestly, I would strongly suggest that what you do is just go into every fast food place and store in your area (dress nice - not as nice as for a job interview, but still nice), and start asking if they're hiring. If they aren't, then ask if you could please fill out an application and leave it with them on file anyway, just in case they start hiring soon.

Someplace else to try - if there's any nursing or retirement homes in your area, they will frequently hire cleaning people, stuff like that.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:03 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Make some fliers to hang up around your area for babysitting services.

Make your hours/days flexible including weekends, over nights, late in the evenings.

Hopefully this opportunity or another will come thru for you.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:07 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Stores won't be hiring right now because the holidays are over, they are actually usually letting their seasonal employees go by the end of January. I would recommend restaurants, especially fast food. Since you are online you can go on the sites of ones in your area and even if you can't apply on line, it will often say if they are hiring or not. Something like Merry Maids might work. Be a bus person at a restaurant. Try sites like career builder, monster, etc. You can go into places like Manpower (although I did a temp agency this year and can't even get a call or email returned! but I hear manpower is good) they will give you some assessments and ask you questions to see what your skills are. You could also try local factories or warehouses. Also, grocery stores tend to hire all year long you could try that. Good luck!
    mommy_erin

Answer by mommy_erin at 6:14 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• They way out of poverty is education. Start with a community college. Take a GED class and get your GED. Take some Microsoft Office classes (learn at least Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and a basic bookkeeping class. The financial aid office will have resources to help you find a job.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Can you go online and get your GED? I would call around to help agencies and see if they know of anywhere you can find a job. Let them know you do not have a GED or HSD. Maybe they can help you get one. Some of the agencies out there do help you get trained to find a job.

This article might also be helpful to you:  How to Get an Education Without Going to School

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I work from home at kgb_. You may have seen the commercials on tv. They are a text answering service. Send me a PM with your name and email and I will forward it to them. They are recruiting people now - they have a commercial going to play during the superbowl and need help for that time!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:43 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i sounds like if you this desperate sweety PA might be a good option for you right know they help you get your GED/HD and then help with job resources all while helping with income till you get on your feet....i know not a popular answer but thats what its there for good luck........NO BASHing.... i am honestly trying to help her make her life better
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jan. 10, 2010