weight?

im 5' 8" and 190 lbs pregnant with baby #3 im 8 weeks and dont want to gain alot of weight! Is it safe to lose weight when pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't recommend losing weight while pregnant, just try not to gain that much stay within the healthy weight gain, then once you give birth then try to lose some in the meantime just enjoy the pregnancy and eat as healthy as you can but indulge once in awhile shed the pounds after the pregnancy.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 2:38 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• It's not advisable to try and lose weight while pregnant. Instead of worrying how much weight you'll gain, just focus on eating right and keeping that baby healthy in utero...that's WAY more important than a few stretch marks or love handles.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 2:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• well with my 1st i lost it all! but with my 2nd i didnt lose any and got pregnant again! so i just dont want to get bigger then 215lbs!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• if you are 190lbs now and you go to 215lbs that is within the healthy weight gain while pregnant stick with that goal and you'll be just fine, and like i said before wait till after the baby arrives to try and lose it.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 2:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• NO! The last thing you want to do is diet when pregnant!!!

I carried twins to 3 weeks and only gained about 25 pounds but that was because I was a bit overweight at first and the weight simply shifted from me to baby weight (or so my dr said). Just eat well, don't eat junk, and drink looooots of water. I know that'ts hard with all the peeing but trust me it's worth it and VERY good for a pregnant mom to stay hydrated
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Sorry that should say 36 weeks
    Anonymous