how can i be more calmer with myself and my life

im very anxious

loveaubrey

Asked by loveaubrey at 2:41 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Health

• meditation and reading helps me. Making daily goals and keeping them also helps....
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 2:44 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• BTW aubrey is my 8 month old's name!
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 2:45 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Counseling helps me with my anxiety, being able to talk to someone who is not lecturing and judging me.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 2:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Support groups, religion, focus on positive surroundings!
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 3:59 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Every time something comes up that makes you anxious ask yourself how important it is in your life on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being not important and 10 being majorly important. Anything under a 5 can be disregarded ...sort of like that book that says Don't sweat the small stuff. Anything 6 and over prioritize by how it affects your life 6 being it's something that can be fixed and 10 being traumatic and you can't do anything about it anyway. I know all this sounds like a lot of work but it keeps your brain focused on the issue which in itself should help keep you calm but it shows you that you have control over how you perceive things (more control) and by the time you figure it all out many things might be over and you can relax and move on. I'd also go with stretches and meditation to help too.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:49 AM on Jan. 10, 2010