is there any natural type of birth control?

i dont want to get pregnant again, but i've tried the shot , the pill, condoms and all the other ones but i felt more comfortable with the shot and pills! but i still got pregnant ! i got preggo with my son when i was on the shot! and i got preggo with my baby girl on the pill and he was wearing a condom! and no im 100% i never missed a pill. so i heard about checking when you ovulate? but i have no idea how or what ? please help

Naralie

Asked by Naralie at 4:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• Natural Family planning sounds like what you're looking for. I know many women here on cafemom that use it as a form of protection for their families, and rarely are there oopsies when it is used correctly. I believe there is a group on here called Natural Family Planning . . . they can certainly point you in the right direction :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:40 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• counting days is also a poor method of birth control. you're just really fertile and have to be extra cautious. try an IUD and see if that works.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 4:58 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Sweetie the only thing that is 100% full proof is not having sex. Yeah, that bites don't it!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:08 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Do you want it for short term or long term? If you don't want any more kids there are permanent form besides tube tying, some non hormonal IUDs and hormonal IUDs. You can track body temp mucus and days but that should be in addition to something else. I dunno does that help?
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:15 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:29 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Natural family planning is not counting days. I'm sure everyone "knows" someone who used it and it didn't work, but I also know people who used pills and they didn't work, etc. Read through the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It was an eye opener about my cycle, and I now can predict when I am ovulating, and avoid sex for a period of time or choose to use condoms. NFP when used correctly is great. Just avoiding sex every month isn't going to work. You have to chart your cycle.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:37 AM on Jan. 10, 2010