Domestic Violence - Im not ashamed anymore

My fiance broke my heart months ago after completly detaching from me emotionally
it all came down yesterday around 3 or 4 pm
i kept pushing his buttons because im just tired of the arguments and i wanted him out
well he left, but he came back
he came back, gave me 5 minutes to say good bye to my 2 month old son, put him in his crib, took me in the other room, and beat the shit out of me. punched me in my face and head like i was a man
i couldnt breathe, temporarily lost vision...the works
I thought I was gonna die, i fought back as much as i could but i couldnt over power him. I tried to open the blinds so neighbors could see even if the didnt care but it was so easy for him to just close them and continue.

I felt helpless but now i feel hopeful
after getting checked by the doctor i have no sever injuries, just bruises and bumps in my head, one huge bruise on my temple but i can cover it with make-up and a slightly cont...

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 5:42 AM on Jan. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• good for u that u got out,sound sto me that if he does this again it could go farther.it is very hard living in a safe house,but there is alot of good for doing it.they will help u get ur own place.its all about ur son now
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• lip. I made it out alive. Now my plans are to go to my moms house today when she gets home tonight and im taking everything i might need with me. my sons clothes, diapers, everything
    Im going to work monday, i work monday, friday, and saturdays....thursdays are optional. Im going to have my moms bf watch him from noon til 2:30 and then my sis will take over after that. Im going to come home on my breaak to breastfeed and then go back to work until 7p. This is also my first day of work and i need the money more then ever now.
    Tuesday I check into the safe house and i'll be there for 2 months. the dad will not be able to see his son for that time, nor talk to me. but they will help me with housing, therapy, money, visitations for after we are out of the safe house, etc.

I finally feel like I found strength...any wisdom, advice, positive thoughts could really help at this point.

thank you, i feel better now
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:46 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Stay strong! I was beaten for 6 years, and never had the strength to do what you are doing, until he decided that he didn't want to be around anymore. I was so happy the day he left.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 5:51 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• You need to call the cops right now!!!!!!!! He needs to go to jail for that. He is dangerous and if he gets angry about this he can find you and kill you. I am very very serious about this, he needs to go to jail and you need to get a restraining order as well. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:52 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• You have started a new journey. What a strong young lady you are! The most important thing is to believe in yourself and never lose that faith in yourself. They say what don't kill us makes us stronger, and I firmly believe this is true many times in our life. You have proven to yourself that you are strong. Now comes the hard part, standing firm and going foward. It won't be easy but it can be done and you will see such a change in yourself after it is all said and done. I am proud of you, I wish so badly I could take you in my arms and hug you. Surround yourself with positive people and never, never lose hope or focus on yourself.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 5:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• I am so proud of you for all the strength you have and for getting out. Take offered help and seek any additional help you need. It is so hard to ask for it sometimes, but right now you need this. Take care of yourself - not just your sweet little boy. Thank God both of you are safe now and that he will never have to see his Mommy get beat up again. File this report with the police and follow through with pressing charges. You need to do this so that he won't be able to get any visitation with your son and so that he can't hurt anyone else like this. It will be hard - I won't lie to you. But it will be worth it to know that you are both safe and that he can't hurt you again.
    You have my prayers and I have been there, done that, got the tee shirt so if you ever need to vent or have questions, feel free to PM me anytime! GL & HUGS sweetie!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:04 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• i did, he has a warrant for his arrest on a felony assault....girl, shoooot after what he did he can sit in jail
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:54 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• and thank you all for the support...i feel like im taking control of my life finally
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:57 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• So proud of you for deciding to take action on this honey. You are truly a strong woman. It won't be easy but it will be worth it. Make SURE you are safe while waiting to go to the safehouse. Let your work know if he shows up they have to call 911 right away. While you're at your mom's make sure she gets that to and to tell any neighbours she might know around her house the same thing. It really scares me...he was going to kill you. The whole saying goodbye to your child is proof of that....Please please PLEASE be careful. Even once you're at the safehouse, you won't be inside it all the time. They can help you with a plan if something happens. Always carry a cell if you have one.

Good for you girl. Good for you. Stay strong and safe. You can do this :)
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:25 AM on Jan. 10, 2010

• Please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)

Answer by rkoloms at 7:26 AM on Jan. 10, 2010